The Griffins Program celebrates those runners who have completed 10 or more Canberra Marathons. Operated and officiated by the YMCA of Canberra Runners Club, the Griffins Program was founded by Rob Ey in January 1994. Currently there are 164 runners who have completed ten or more Canberra Marathons.
Those part of the program fall under one of the following categories:
- Griffins – 10 Canberra Marathons
- Burley Griffins – 20 Canberra Marathons
- Walter Burley Griffins – 30 Canberra Marathons
If you have completed nine Canberra Marathons and looking to participate in the 2017 Canberra Marathon please contact the club’s Griffins coordinator, Peter Thomson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s all aim to get 50 Griffins complete the 2017 Canberra Marathon.
Get to know some of the Griffins below:
- Ruth Baussmann - Griffin - click here
- Peter Clarke - Burley Griffin - click here
- Rob Ey - Walter Burley Griffin - click here
For more information on the Griffins history and program, click here.