What’s happening and when?
|Friday, April 13, 2018||9:00am - 6:00pm||Race Bib Collection - TBC|
|Saturday, April 14, 2018||6:00am||Race HQ opens for race information and bib replacements
Gear drop opens
|6:00am - 5:00pm||Race Bib Collection Sunday events only - West Lawns (Parkes Place West)|
|7:00am||10km race starts|
|7:00am - 5:00pm||Festival Village - West Lawns (Parkes Place West)|
|8:00am||10km presentations to commence|
|9:00am||5km race starts|
|9:30am||5km presentations to commence|
|11:00am||Gear drop-off closes, all items placed in baggage must be collected by this time|
|5:00pm||Festival Village and Race Bib Collection Close|
|Sunday, April 15, 2018||5:00am||Race HQ open for race information and replacements|
|5:30am||Gear drop opens|
|6:00am - 2:00pm||Festival Village - West Lawns (Parkes Place West)|
|TBC||Ultra Marathon race starts|
|TBC||The Canberra Times Canberra Marathon race starts|
|TBC||Half Marathon race starts|
|1:30pm||Gear drop-off closes, all items placed in baggage must be collected by this time|
We encourage participants to arrive at least 30mins prior to their race start time.
*Start times and schedule are subject to change.
Is there postage available?
Postage is available as an optional extra for Australian Running Festival participants to select during their registration at a cost of $7.95 including GST. Please note, this option is available for participants with a valid Australian postal address who registered on or before midnight on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. Participants who registered on or after Wednesday, January 17, 2018 will need to collect their race bib from Race Bib Collection.
If you have registered with an overseas address you will need to collect your race bib from the Race Bib Collection. To check if you have selected postage, please visit your Dashboard. Postage of race bibs will commence approximately 3-4 weeks prior to race day.
Is there a Family Package available?
There is a family package available for both the 10km and 5km distances. The package includes either two adult entries and one child entry or one adult entry and two child entries. Please note, if you are registering under the family package, all members must compete in the same distance. If you are wanting to register an additional participant, you can do so at the cart contents page by clicking "Register Another".
Can I enter multiple people during the registration process?
Yes, when you arrive at the cart contents page of the registration process, click “Register Another”. You can now commence the registration for additional entrant(s). Please note that all registrations will be paid for in one transaction.
Can I enter on the day?
Event entries will close at 5pm the day before each event if not sold out prior; no entries will be taken after this time.
What do I do if I have lost my eTicket?
Where can I purchase an iTaB or Event Day SMS?
The iTaB finisher’s medal insert allows you to create a lasting memento of the race for only $12. The iTaB is a customised, engraved insert which fits perfectly into the back of your finisher’s medal. Your iTaB will be manufactured after the event and sent to you in the post. Worldwide postage is included in the price.
You can also receive your results shortly after crossing the finish line with an SMS sent directly to your mobile phone.
What happens if I have lost my race bib?
If you have lost or damaged your race bib or timing chip you can buy a replacement from Race Pack Collection for $20.
Can I transfer to a shorter/longer distance?
Distance transfers are available from Wednesday, April 4 until 5pm on Tuesday, April 10.
You are able to swap between distances as long as there is still availability. Participants can transfer distances through their Dashboard by following the below steps:
1. Select the 'My Registrations' tab on the left hand side of your dashboard
2. Click the 'Details' button for the entry you wish to transfer
3. Click the 'Make Changes' button and select 'Change Event Distance' from the drop down
|Longer Distance||Difference in entry fee|
|Shorter Distance||Forfeit difference in entry fee|
When transferring to a different event you will be issued a new race number and bib which will need to be collected from the race bib collection. If your race bib has been posted to you, please bring it with you to be swapped over.
Can I refund my entry?
When entering the Australian Running Festival the terms and conditions must be accepted by each individual entrant. The refund policy for 2018 is listed below. There are no exceptions to this rule and no refunds will be given for change of mind.
25. I acknowledge that refunds will only be given for the race entry fee paid where a request for refund is lodged with Fairfax before 5:00pm (AEST) on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 and where participation in the Event is not appropriate due to a medical reason that is supported by a current medical certificate outlining the condition. I understand that a 50% administration fee will be deducted from the race entry fee paid and if a race bib has been sent out, I must return the race bib to Fairfax at my own expense, prior to the processing of any refund and by no later than 5:00pm (AEST) on Wednesday, March 13, 2018. Refunds will not be made for any additional items purchased, such as event merchandise and charitable donations.
To view the full terms and conditions of the Australian Running Festival, please click here.
Can I defer my entry or change events?
Registrations cannot be deferred to a later year or transferred to different events.
Please note, there are no person to person transfers available for this event.
What happens if I start in the wrong group/distance?
Your race bib number, including your timing bib tag, is assigned to a particular start group and distance as selected during registration. Your bib tag will be activated as you cross the starting mats. If you begin the race prior to your designated start group time, you will NOT receive an official time and you will be disqualified.
Where can I leave my gear?
There will be a gear drop off and collection point at East West Lawns, near the recovery area.
|Date||Drop-off location||Opening Time||Closing Time||Pick-up location|
|Saturday, April 14||Festival Village||6:00am||11:00am||Festival Village|
|Sunday, April 15||Festival Village||5:30am||1:30pm||Festival Village|
*No overnight storage is available. Entrants will not be able to drop gear on Saturday for a Sunday event.
How does gear drop work?
- You will be given a see-through bag at the gear drop area.
- Write your bib number on the outside of the bag with the markers provided.
- Only individual items may be placed within the bag, such as a change of clothes, lightweight jacket, water bottle, post-race snacks.
- No personal bags of any description (backpacks, purses, handbags) will be accepted.
- Show your bib when leaving your bag with the gear drop volunteers.
- After your run you will be asked again to show your bib to collect your bag.
Do not leave any valuables such as wallets, keys or phones with the gear drop service. Event staff will take care of your belongings, but no responsibility will be taken for lost or damaged items.
Clothing and bags left anywhere but at the gear drop location will NOT be available for collection upon finishing the race.
How is the event timed?
Your timing device for the Australian Running Festival is a single-use bib tag. In order to receive an accurate time, please make sure your bib is:
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified – please do not bend or fold your bib
- Not covered (eg. by a jumper)
Are there prizes on offer?
All finishers will receive a finisher's medal and downloadable finisher's certificate. Click here to see the full list of the prizes that will be awarded for place-getters in the Australian Running Festival.
Event Terms and Conditions
Click here to view the Event Terms and Conditions.