Saturday, April 8
Road closures will commence from 4:00am to allow time for the setup of course infrastructure.
Time of events – Runners on road
- 10km Course - 7:00am to 9:00am
After 9:00am Alexandrina Drive will be reopened to allow access to the Canberra Yacht Club and Canberra Southern Cross Yacht Club.
Sunday, April 9
Road closures will commence from 5:00am at Alexandrina Drive to allow time for the setup of course infrastructure.
Access – Sunday
Access to the Canberra Yacht Club and Canberra Southern Cross Yacht Club will be maintained at all times via a managed contra flow arrangement at the Flynn Drive roundabout. Please note that entry to the yacht club is only available via Flynn Drive.
Traffic marshals will operate the contra flow system to ensure vehicles are able to enter and leave Mariner Place with minimal disruption whilst ensuring the safety of runners.
When the Canberra Yacht Club car park is full visitors must find alternative parking. Alexandrina Drive roadside will not be an option and vehicles will be booked by parking inspectors. Hyatt Hotel Canberra is the closest available car park, access is via Commonwealth Avenue.
|5:00am||Road closures commence|
|6:20am||First Participants arrive at the Yatch Club|
|9:30am-11:00am||Bulk of the runners will pass through Alexandrina Drive|
|1:15pm||Alexandrina Drive will reopen|
- There may be a delay in accessing Mariner Place during busy periods
- Please follow the directions of traffic marshals at all times
- Allow additional time when travelling to the area to accommodate any delay on the day
- Roads will be reopened at the earliest opportunity once the last runner has passed
- Traffic will only be able to travel as far as the first entry point to Mariners Place
- Traffic will not be able to turn right onto Alexandrina Drive from Mariners Place
Pedestrian Access remains unaffected. If you are crossing the course whilst races are on, please take care to avoid runners.